Job Description: EXPERINCE MANAGER – BENGALURU
We are looking for a self-motivated, high performing EXPERINCE MANAGER – BENGALURU to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. As a city tour manager for Bengaluru your profile will entail designing and implementing strategic sales plans that expands the customer base for city tours. Achieving growth and hitting sales targets on mutually agreed and achievable numbers. You will be managing a set of passionate freelance storytellers, build quarterly engagement and learning programs with Industry professionals. The ideal candidate should be based out of Bengaluru and must be passionate about active experiential travel.
You will be owning the well established Bengaluru City Tour (P&L). This will include every aspect from enquiries(you do not have to manage enquiries), sales, operations and product development (new tours, seasonal tours). You’ll typically need to:
• Promote and market the offering, approaching new or niche markets
• Liaise with travel partners, including travel agents, corporates and hotels
• Drive sales of city tours : online and offline
• Oversee the smooth, efficient running of tours
• Set-up operations processes for Travel Story-tellers to follow
• Manage budgets and maintain statistical and financial records
• Recruit, train and engage with a team of freelance Travel Story-tellers
• Deal with bespoke customer enquiries and aim to meet their expectations
• Explore alternative and innovative ways to acquire new business
• Manage city tour products, work on improvements and curate seasonal experiences
Prior work experience in a sales environment. Relevant management experience in other areas of the leisure or tourism industry, such as hotels or airlines, is likely to increase your chances. Specific functional experience, perhaps in a marketing, sales, retail or IT role, is also helpful.
Depending on the experience of the candidate the remuneration per annum will range between 4.0 to 6.0 lacs per annum that will include a performance pay.
You’ll need to have:
• Effective communication skills
• Experience in sales and customer service
• Diplomacy and tact
• Commitment to people management
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Sound judgement with attention to detail
• Competent IT skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Resilience to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times
• A genuine interest in experiential travel
• Experience of cycling would be an added advantage
About Us: Unventured has been a dream that we have pursued with our many travellers creating an experience where travel meets adventure for the real-world experiences with a softer impact. We have come a long way and we have many more miles to explore along the Unventured path.
Vision: Set a NEW benchmark for alternative and experiential travel in India. Travel that is: immersive, inclusive, off the beaten path and truly gives an essence of the local culture, history and way of life.
Mission: Our mission is to inspire and curate products for travellers to connect with the spaces they travel to actively and via local experiences. We want to do this with an ethical, responsible and quality performance that builds long term relationships with our employees, vendors & customers.
+91 94837 47703